After School Support Program
Objective: To provide academic, financial & mentoring support to children who have been enrolled into mainstream schools.
Scope: Classes VI to X
Key Features of After School Support Programme :
- Mainstreaming - The schools are carefully selected by our board with respect to their quality of education and social commitment towards the cause of the less privileged. After school hours, every child spends 4 hours at our centre for reinforcement of concepts, extracurricular activities as well as mentoring support.
- Syllabus Tracking - Teachers supplement the school education and provide help with the lessons to further strengthen academic concepts. A detailed tracking system is followed and analysed to understand where children need help.
- School PTM’s & Parent Interactions- Teachers at Vidya & Child attend all school PTM’s and take a detailed feedback on each child with respect to academics and behaviour etc.
- Child-wise Meetings - Weekly meetings to discuss child-wise academic & behavioural issues. Remedial sessions and one-on-one sessions are conducted as appropriate.
- Math Magic Programme - a computer-based self learning programme to remove the fear of Math as a subject, as also to build a strong understanding of concepts and their application in life. Use of technology makes it more creative and engaging for the child.
- Intensive Life Skills, Arts & Performing Arts, Field Trips & Performances
- Career Mapping for identifying the potential of each child & channelizing his/her strengths towards a suitable career path
- Spoken English & Personality Development Sessions