NIOS Support Program
Objective : To ensure that children, who are not able to continue in mainstream schools, complete their education through NIOS and do not drop out of the education process.Also, to help children understand their inner potential and identify a vocation or skill for development, keeping a long-term view of their career.
Scope : Class VI to XII
Key Features of NIOS Support Programme :
- Academic Support & Tracking – Subjects are chosen by the child under guidance from the teachers as per the choices available under NIOS. For 6 hours, regular classes are held for all subjects on a daily basis through a structured timetable that includes Computer Lab classes.
- Life Skills Training — Various issues that are age appropriate and cater to the challenges and conflicts faced by children in their daily life are addressed through discussions, film reviews and activity based workshops.
- Exposure to Creative Arts through our intensive Arts & Performing Arts Programme.
- Intensive one-on-one interaction with each child for counseling & career mapping.
- Regular parent interactions — Sustained support through Home Visits, PTM’s and One-on-One interactions.
- Spoken English & Personality Development Sessions
- Field Trips & Career Exposure Sessions for increased awareness & decision making.
- Tie-ups for Vocational Courses for Skill Building in the areas of IT, Cosmetology, etc.