Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
• How is Vidya & Child funded?
• How are funds utilised?
• I want to make some contribution. What is the minimum amount that I am required to pay? Can I pay monthly? How do I pay?
Remember, even small contributions do help. A small amount by many like you, adds up to a sizeable amount, so don’t hesitate. Act now!
• Will I get a tax exemption certificate?
Outside India (US & UK), you can donate through http://www.giveindia.org/, mention that the contribution is for "Vidya & Child" and you could qualify for tax exemption in your country. Check at the Give India site to see if your country of tax filing is listed as a qualifier for tax exemption on donation. For more details on the donation options, click on the Donate Tab.
• How are my funds being utilized?
• Will I be able to get the name of the child I have sponsored?
• What kind of feedback can we expect?
• What is the process of enrolling children?
- The child takes a test for us to gauge which class the child is suitable for.
- Admission forms are filled.
- An orientation meeting is held with the parents
• Why is an admission test necessary?
• How do you involve the parents & what is their responsibility?
In keeping with the organisation’s approach of enablement, the parents contribute towards the cost of uniform, books & stationery, ensure regularity and punctuality of their wards and endeavour to provide a congenial environment at home for the child’s education.
• Till what class do you teach and why do you mainstream after that?
• Does the child stop coming to you once he/she is mainstreamed?
Our association with each child continues till Class XII and beyond. When the children are mainstreamed, they come back to us in the evenings for four hours every day. We continue to provide them with further academic reinforcements, financial support as well as mentoring support and holistic development through our Life Skills Programme and Arts & Performing Arts Programme.
• What happens when a child completes his studies?
• Why is there an emphasis on extracurricular activities?
• How can a Volunteer help?
• What is the minimum qualification you look for in a teacher?